10 Day Course
O.G. Training Academy - G.A.P. (Graphics Apparel Print) Design & Develop Course
Program objective: (what will the young people work towards achieving?)
- Develop a group of 6/8 young people in creating a T-shirt brand collection, that will be designed and printed by the group. In order they can be marketed and sold by this newly formed micro business
- Develop the same group to be able to offer T-shirt printing services as part of their micro business or to help them gain employment with T-shirt printing companies
- Certificates and opportunities to gain Qualifications/Accreditations
- Increased employability status
- Work experience
- Personal development
- Potential opportunities with O.G. Clothing Co
Setting the standards:
During induction we will discuss: Health and Safety, Fire Procedures, Code of Conduct, Team Building and Leadership, Xclusion to Xcellence, Quality Assurance, Business Awareness and Entry to Employment.
Course content: (what will the young person be doing?)
This ‘design and develop course’ is our entry level combination course focusing the students to learn a variety of t-shirt printing techniques; leading to a wider choice of skills that they can utilise on their garment brand or as a service that they could provide. The course would include sales and marketing and motivational techniques.
Graphic design, Screen printing, Vinyl printing, Foil Printing, Flock printing, Transfer printing and Vinyl Transfer Printing, Elements of Business and Fashion Marketing.
- Official Group T-shirt brand developed
- Official Group (sub) T-shirt printing service developed
- 20 – 24 piece T-shirt collection with, tags, inner labels and outer labels
- Fully designed business cards
- Bulk screen printed t-shirts created by the team to market and sell, with an average retail value of around £900
- Team building
- Work Experience
- Management and leadership skills
- Possibility of position with the O.G. Clothing Co.
- Basic copy right protection techniques of logos and designs
- Intensive short term courses leading to various positive out comes
- Each group will have access to 2 / 3 experienced staff /trainers on hand
- Professional G.A.P. Courses (advanced course) where students will design group specification packs, digitally design, create and manufacture a fashion brand, design marketing materials and receive a O.G. brand reseller website to market and sell merchandise on
- Micro Business (start their own part time t-shirt brand)
- ‘Fashion-Enter’ (cut and sew, pattern making courses)
- Further Education (Graphic design, marketing, textile design)
- Business Link (can give advice and support in setting up a small business)
- Bright Ideas Trust (Aid start up businesses in securing finance)
The course is 60 learning guided hours long which would be conducted over 10 sessions.